Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Yoga Inspirations!

I had a wonderful Yoga class tonight and was able to visualize my next painting. I saw a spiraling tree -- colors coming from the ground were Red - then Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet (chakras) and spirals and swirls all around. Then in front of it - another trasnparent painting of me in a meditation - in front of the tree.

I can never believe the inspiration I get from going to a yoga class.


I am working at playing right now (did that make sense?) I have finally started painting and am getting into my groove and just realized I think I have 3 weeks left of chillin' and the whole school marathon starts again. Well, I am ready - excited to see the kids and all of my friends at Sunset Ridge. If things go well, I'll be able to teach 1st - 8th graders this year! Cannot WAIT!

I will post the masterpiece when it is born... Now I have to get to bed -- my big beautiful poodle is laying on the floor waiting for me to snuggle up with him.

4 comments:

Jeannie Lawson said...

I think this is a great idea....one of my goals for the summer was to start a blog...about the gen. ed. classroom. Obviously, I have fallen short of that goal!

Will you be offering a middle school class? How would kids get signed up? I hate how their schedules just get dictated...but I would LOVE for Quinn to have art with you!

Camille Goralski said...

We need to get together -- Blogging is fun but it's hard to start anything! I hope I can keep it up.
I am supposed to be able to offer 7th and 8th art this year and I will believe it when the first month of school goes by and I'm still teaching it! :) Everything depends on our enrollment. I love having Quinn in art class - you have the most gifted boys! I'll see you soon! Start that darn blog!

Mrs. Hahn said...

I see from your website that you do artsonia. Would you be willing to talk more about that program with me. I'm considering it in my classroom. Are you planning on blogging about your classroom on this blog a bit more when the school year starts? If so let me know and I will place you on my blog roll.

Nic Hahn
MiniMatisse.blogspot.com
Nicholechahn@yahoo.com

Camille Goralski said...

I DO do artsonia and I really love it! It turns out to be a mixed bag - I dont' do it for the fundraising - I do it more for the student portfolio aspect. It helps me grade artwork, it is a great communication tool with parents and I use it to remind myself what projects were flops and which ones were stars!

I am going to blog this school year on a variety of things that come up - it's a personal goal of mine to reach out and get involved with more art teachers. Nothing feeds me more energetically than sharing with other people. I hoep to hear from you again! We start our school year on Monday, August 15th...AHH